Parameswar Hari Ph.D.
University of Utah
Department of Physics and Engineering Physics
Keplinger Hall, L-165, 800 Tucker Drive,
University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK 74104-3189
Phone: 918-631-3128 (voice mail)
Phone: 918-631-3029 (Secretary)
Research Lab1(Semiconductors characterization lab): (918)-631-3309
Research Lab2(Nano materials lab): (918)-631-3162
E-mail: hari at utulsa.edu
1995 -1997 University of Utah and the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory
1997 -1998 Texas A&M University
1998 - 1999 Vanderbilt University
SUMMER UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH PROGRAM IN PHYSICS (SURPP)
Solar Testing Station on TU North Campus
Student awards from materials research group:
Adam Leeper, NSF graduate fellowship (2008)
Thomas Loyd, NSF graduate fellowship (2008)
John Elgin, NSF-REU summer fellowship at Bucknell University (2007)
Daryl Spencer, NSF-Nano Japan Summer fellowship (2008)
Matt Behlmann, NSF-Nano Japan Summer fellowship (2008)
Adam Leeper won the first prize for the best overall paper at the 2007 ISA conference
Adam Leeper was invited to present a paper at the ISA-Aerospace division meeting in Houston, Oct. 2007.
Sam Kucera won the first prize for best undergraduate student paper presented at the 2008 ISA conference
Sam Kucera was invited to present a paper at the ISA-Aerospace division meeting in Houston, Oct. 2008.
Sam Kucera won the ISA - Undergraduate Scholarship (2008)
Anne Gambrel Won a Goldwater scholarship (2009)
Daryl Spencer was awarded the NSF-NINN fellowship at UCSB in June 2009
Daryl Spencer won NSF Graduate Fellowship (2011)
Anne Gambrel won NSF Graduate Fellowship (2011)
Jordan Occena won the third place for the best paper at the AAAS-SWARM conference (2012)
Physics students, Martin Green and Reid Johnston, part of the team that won the First place in the Governor's cup Technology Competition (2013)
Governor's cup (First Place) in 2013 Members of The TU NASA EPSCoR Award Team
Hari Kay Bingjie Reid Martin Ty, Ken (far behind) Dan and Todd (middle), Hari (front)
Members of the materials research group: Ph.D. students : Echo Adcock Smith, Amrit Kaphle, Undergraduate Students: Austin Fuhr, Jackson Graduate Student: Ram Tiwari
1. Role of metallic dopants in mediating optical properties of ZnO nanorods
2. Optimizing the electrical properties of ZnO nanorods by controlling growth parameters
3. Designing ZnO- CuxO solar cells for converting IR portion of solar spectrum
4. Understanding the defect structure of ZnO-metallic dopants via Raman, Photoluminescence and lifetime measurements.
5. Designing UV emitting diodes using Graphene-ZnO structure
6. Optimizing the growth of Algae through quantum dot/nano particle up/down conversion
7. Modeling of electrical transport in ZnO nanorods with various morphologies
8. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance studies of water- oil emulsions.
Papers/abstracts submitted/accepted:(since 2004)
Presentation from TU since 2003) (* presented by Dr. Hari)
1) High Field NMR studies of chacogenide glasses, Invited workshop presentation, NHMFL user’s conference, Tallahassee March 12-13, 2004. ( Invited oral) *
2) Laser Abataion of As2Se3, AIOM optical materials Conference, Tucson, Arizona, Oct 12-15, 2005. ( Contributed oral)*
3) Instrumentation of a gravity-independent inertial-based resistance exercise device. Caruso J.F., Hari P., and Magruder T. The University of Tulsa’s 9th Annual Student Research Colloquium and SWARM/AAAS Proceedings. pp 46. (2006).
4) Bandgap Enginnering of
InS2 by tin mixing, MRS meeting 2006, San Francisco April 17-21,
2006. (Contributed poster)*Bandgap engineering in In2S3 thin films by tin
mixing, Meril Mathew, C. Sudha Kartha, K. P. Vijayakumar and Parameswar Hari,
Mater. Res. Soc.
Symp. Proc. Volume 1012, Warrendale, PA, 2007, 1012-Y12-14
5) Removing chromium and arsenic from drinking water using nano rust, ONI Oklahoma nanotechnology Initiative ,OK city March ,28-29, 2007. (Invited oral)*
6) Morphology of ZnO nanorods grown by chemical bath deposition, MRS meeting April 9-13, San Francisco, 2007 (Contributed poster)*
7) Removing Chromium from water using nano iron and iron oxide particles, Instrumentation, system and Automation (ISA) Annual meeting, Tulsa, 30 April -3 May 2007. (Contributed oral)*
8) Instrumentation of a high-speed inertial exercise device with load cell transducers.P. Hari , Leeper A., Coday M.A., and Caruso J.F. 53rd International Instrumentation Symposium Proceedings. Adam Leeper won the first prize for the best paper by an undergraduate and graduate student.(2007)
9) "Kinetics of the Remediation of Chromium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater Using Nanoscale Iron Particles" presented by A. R. Isley*, P. Hari, and G. H. Purser, 233rd National American Chemical Society Meeting, Chicago, IL, March 26,2007. 14)
10) T. Su, P.C. Taylor, G. Ganguly, D.E. Carlson, D.C. Bobela, and P. Hari, Electron-Nuclear Cross Relaxation in 1H NMR in Hydrogenated Amorphous Silicon Thin Films, Phys. Rev. B 76, 245209-1 (2007).
11) Amorphous and Microcrystalline Semiconductors), 2007. (Contributed poster)*Proceeding, Boston, Nov 27-29, 2007. ( Contributed poster) *
12) Instrumentation of a high-speed inertial exercise device with load cell transducers.Hari P., Leeper A., Coday M.A., and Caruso J.F. ,The University of Tulsa’s 10th Annual Student Research Colloquium Proceedings.(2007)
13) Low temperature deposition of ZnO nanorods, CIMTEC International Conference in Aricele, Italy, June 9-15, 2008. (Contributed poster)*
14) Alow Temperature Deposition method for growing ZnO nanorods , M. Baumer, P. Hari, and D. Spencer,: recent results, American Physical Society, New Orleans, March 10-14, 2008 (oral presentation)
15) Instrumentation of a single axis inertial exercise device, S. Kucera, J. Caruso and P. Hari, , 54th ISA symposium Proceedings, Pensacola, Florida, May 2, 2008 (oral presentation); Sam Kucera won the first prize for the best paper by an undergraduate student.
16) Surface morphology of ZnO nanorods prepared by chemical bath deposition, International Conference on Optical, Optoelectronic and Photonic Materials Conference in Edmonton, Canada, July 20-26, 2008.( Contributed oral)*
Performance evaluation of a high-speed inertial exercise device, McLagan
J., Monda J., Hari P., Leeper A., Caruso J., Coday M., Ramey E. and Hastings L..
The University of Tulsa’s 11th Annual Student Research Colloquium
Proceedings. .(Contributed oral)
18) Instrumentation of an Inertial Kinetic Exercise Device with a Single Axis Accelerometer. S. Kucera, Caruso J.F., Golden M., McLagan J., and P. Hari , The University of Tulsa’s 11th Annual Student Research Colloquium Proceedings. (2008).
19) Developing problem solving and critical thinking skills in physics and engineering physics courses ,The American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE), 2008 Midwest Section Annual Conference. Tulsa, OK September 18, 2008. (Contributed oral)*
Efficiency of Magnetic Filtration of Nanoscale Magnetic Particles Used
for Remediation of
Arsenic Contaminated Groundwater" presented by G. R. Medders*, A. R. Isley, P. Hari, and G. H. Purser, 235th National American Chemical Society Meeting, New Orleans, LA, April 7,2008.
21) PEO-ZnO composite electrolyte system based on oriented ZnO nanorods. D. Teeters, P. Hari and P. Utekar, IMPE conference in Portugal, August 30-Sept 4, 2008. (Contributed poster)
22) "Kinetics of the Remediation of Arsenic Contaminated Groundwater using Nanoscale Magnetite Particles" presented by A. R. Isley*, G. R. Medders, P. Hari, and G. H. Purser, 235th National American Chemical Society Meeting, New Orleans, LA, April 7,2008.
23) Data reproducibility from inertia-based exercise, Olson N.M., S. Kucera, J.R. McLagan, C.M. Shepherd, M.R. Marshall, P. Hari, and Caruso J.F. (2009).The University of Tulsa’s 12th Annual Student Research Colloquium Proceedings. 84: 34.(oral presentation)
24) Sensors and Detectors based on ZnO nanorods, Innovation to enterprise, Tulsa Technology Center, July 15, 2009 (invited talk)*
25) Non-invasive and Rapid Characterization of Interaction of Water with Carbon Nanotubes using Low-field TD-NMR: X. Tombokan, S. Ghosh, P. Hari; Oral Presentation at the 2009 NSTI Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show, May 3-7, 2009, Houston, Texas, U.S.A
26) Investigations on the Electrical Properties of ZnO Nanorods and Composites for Photovoltaic and Electrochemical Applications, International Advanced Nanotechnology conference, IIT-Gawuhati, India, 2009 Dec 9-11(poster Presentation)*
27) Investigation of zinc oxide nanorods growth on ITO coated glass substrates. M. Byrczek, P. Hari, J. Donaldson and H. Teterycz. Oral presentation by M. Byrczeck at materials conference in Poland, May 21, 2009
28) Droplet distribution in heavy crude oil by TD-NMR: Bruker symposium, June 24, Woodlands, Texas, (2009).(Invited oral Presentation)*
29) Non-invasive and Rapid Characterization of Interaction of Water with Carbon Nanotubes using Low-field TD-NMR, Supriyo Ghosh; Xenia Tombokan; Parameswar Hari, ECE Conference, 2010 (oral presentation)
30) Instrumentation of an Inertial Kinetic Exercise device with a dual axis accelerometer, J.L Ford, T. Jackson, P. Hari, N.M. Olson, S.T. Taylor, B.M. Lutz, M.L. Mason, and J.F. Caruso, ISA sysmposium, (oral Presentation) (2010)
31) SeedLayer Dependence of ZnO nanorod growth, D. Spencer, A. Hor, H. Liang and P. Hari, APS March meeting, Portland, March 15-20, 2010 (oral Presentation)
32) Instrumentation of an Inertial Kinetic Exercise device with a dual axis accelerometer Ford J.L., Jackson T., Hari P., Olson N.M., Taylor S.T., Lutz B.M., Mason M.L., and Caruso J.F. The University of Tulsa’s 13th Annual Student Research Colloquium Proceedings. (2010).
33) ZnO based sensors, OCAST-nanotech conference, April 1-2, Midwest City, OK (invited presentation) (2010)*
34) Doped ZnO for enhanced optical sensitivity, ICCOPMA, Budapest, Hungary (Aug 15-20, 2010)*
35) Attachment of gold nano particles and quantum dots on ZnO nanorods, J. Seay, H. Liang and P. Hari, APS Dallas Meeting, 2011 March 21-25, 2011
36)Water droplet distributions in pure and functionalized single walled carbon nanotubes, Callen Johnson, Supriyo Ghosh, Xenia Tombokan, Parameswar Hari, APS Dallas Meeting, 2011 March 21-25, 2011.
37)Zinc Oxide Nanorods and Attachment of Gold Nanoparticles and CdSe Quantum Dots, Siemens Bangalore Research Center, Invited Presentation, July 8, 2011.
38) Mini-JIEDDO Technology Outreach Confernce at Oklahoma City, August 30 , 2011 (Invited to participate).
39) Growth of ZnO nanorods on Celluslosic Substrates, T.J. Athauda, P. Hari and R. R. Ozer, Oklahoma Research symposium, Cameron University, Lawton Oklahoma, 2011, Oct.
40) ZnO nanorod growth on Cotton, T.J. Athauda, P. Hari and R. R. Ozer, MRS Symposium, San Francisco, 2011 Nov.
41) Cobalt Doped ZnO Nanorods Fabricated by Chemical Bath Deposition
Technique: CIMTEC Conference, Italy, June 10-14, 2012.
P. Hari(1), J. Seay(1), K. Farmer(2) and K.P. Roberts(2) (1) Department of Physics, University of Tulsa, Tulsa, OK, 74104 USA (2) Department of Chemistry , University of Tulsa, Tulsa OK 74104 USA.
42- 46) SPECIAL TOPIC SYMPOSIUM: GROWTH OF METAL OXIDE NANOSTRUCTURES FOR ENERGY APPLICATIONS ; SWARM conference, TU April 1, 2012.
42) MODIFICATION OF THE ABSORPTION PROFILE OF ZNO NANORODS BY COBALT DOPING : Farmer, Kevin (University of Tulsa), Parameswar Hari (University of Tulsa),
43) NVESTIGATIONS OF SURFACE PROPERTIES AND DEPTH CHANGES IN ZNO NANORODS BY CHEMICAL ETCHING Jared Seay (University of Tulsa), and Ken Roberts (University of Tulsa) Seay, Jared (University of Tulsa) and Parameswar Hari (University of Tulsa)
44) INVESTIGATION OF SURFACE MORPHOLOGY OF ZNO NANOSTRUCTURES GROWTH ON COTTON SUBSTRACT ACCORDING TO SEED: GROWTH RATION CONCENTRATIONAthauda, Thushara (University of Tulsa), Parameswar Hari (University of Tulsa), and Ruya Ozer (University of Tulsa)
45)COTTON SUBSTRACT ACCORDING TO SEED: GROWTH RATION CONCENTRATION Gosavi, Pallavi (University of Tulsa), Hari Paramaswar (University of Tulsa), and Ruya Ozer (University of Tulsa)
46) FABRICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF ZINC OXIDE NANOSTRUCTURED SOLAR CELLS, Occena, Jordan (University of Tulsa), Jared Seay (University of Tulsa), and Parameswar Hari (University of Tulsa)
47) Growth of ZnO Nanostructures on Cellulosic Substrates Thushara J. Athauda, Umaiz Butt, Parameswar Hari, and Ruya R. Ozer, 10.1557/opl.2012.844R, Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Vol. 1439 © 2012 Materials Research Society
48) On the growth of ZnO nanorods on electrospun TiO2 fibers, Journal of the American Ceramic Society - Manuscript ID JACERS-31615 (submitted)
49)Tulsa Research Partners - , Martin Green, Reid Johnson, Tim McDonald, and Parameswar Hari, Poster session: Sound Energy Harvesing From ZnO Nano-Wires. Citywide Research Day Nov. 6, (2012)
50)Effect of Seed to Growth Solution Concentration Ratio on the Physical Properties of ZnO Nanostructure Functionalized Cotton Surfaces, Thushara J. Athauda, Parameswar Hari, and Ruya R. Ozer (submitted to ACS journal)
51) pH studies on ZnO nanorods Grown on Indium Tin Oxide Coated Substrates , K. Farmer, P. Hari, and K. Roberts, ICanadian Journal of Physics, 2014, Vol. 92, No. 7/8 : pp. 838-841 CAMS-25, K. farmer, P. Hari and K. Roberts, Aug. 18-22, 2013, Toronto.
52) Low Temperature Growth of ZnO Nanorods Doped with Metals and Quantum Dots Using Anodized Aluminum Oxide Membranes as a Template, E. Adcock Smith, P. Hari and K. Roberts, ACS annual Meeting in Dallas, March 2014.
53) Novel Materials and Processing Technologies for Space Power with Potential for Terrestrial Applications
A.F. Hepp, S.G. Bailey, and J.W. McNatt, NASA Glenn Research Center, 21000 Brookpark Road, Cleveland, OH 44135; J.D. Harris, Department of Chemistry, Northwest Nazarene University, Nampa, ID; M.V.S. Chandrashekhar, Electrical Engineering Department, University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC; P. Hari, University of Tulsa, Department of Physics, Tulsa, OK; D. Amos, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY; K. Revell, Department of Chemistry, Murray State University, Murray, KY; and A.D. Jones, Jr., Department of Mathematics, Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, Tallahassee, FL
54. Nanomaterials, Processing and Device Technologies for Space Exploration with Potential Dual-Use Terrestrial Applications , A. F. Hepp, S. G. Bailey, and J. S. McNatt , M. V. S. Chandrashekhar , A. W. Rusch, K. A. Nogales, K. V. Goettsche, W. Hanson, and J. D. Harris , D. Amos, V.K. Vendra, and C. Woodbury , P. Hari and K. P. Roberts and A.D. Jones, Jr.,
Cleveland, NASA Glenn research center, July 28, 2014.
55.Plasmonic nanoparticle based spectral fluid filters for concentrating PV/T collectorsDrew DeJarnette,a Todd Otanicar,a Nick Brekke,a Parameswar Hari,a Kenneth Roberts,a Aaron E. Saunders,b Ratson Morad,c SPIE Optics + Photonics 2014 - Conference on High and Low Concentrator Systems for Solar Energy Applications, Aug. 17 - 21; San Diego, CA ,
56. D. DeJarnette, T. Otanicar, N. Berkke, P. Hari and K. P. Roberts, Selective spectral filtration with nanoparticles for concentrating solar collectors, Journal of Photonics for Energy, 057008-1 Vol. 5, (2015)
Selected Recent Publications: (before 2004) (11 out of 28)
1.Photoluminescence Spectroscopy (in Collaboration with Vanderbilt Materials Research Group)
2. Collaborative Research Project with the University of Utah Semiconductors Group
3. Collaborative Research with the National High Magnetic Field Laboratory NMR group (p.199)