Copyright crap: The author of this thingy retains full copyright of the
material, while hereby granting full permission for it to be reprinted in any
format whatsoever, with the provisos that his name be forever attached to it,
the text of the document be forever unaltered, and if anyone manages to figure
out how to make big bucks off of it, the above mentioned author wants a cut. Oh,
yes, and lest I forget, this notice must remain attached to the main text.
Compiled by Marc Carlson
It was last edited 27 June 2004
Timeline of A Mysterious Universe
(an exercise in persistence, and change)
There are numerous contradictions and what appears to be outright fantasy in
the following entries. Rather than force a determination as to what material is
"better" than the others, I've tried to include it all equally. I've broken this
up into several files for ease of handling.
- Dates marked with an asterisk (###*) indicate a guess on my part.
- Material marked with an asterisk in parentheses (*) is public "Real World"
information. Please note this does not mean that I am claiming that they
really happened, just that they are purported to have happened.
- An "i" in brackets [I] denotes conspiracy or Illuminati events.
- A "j" in brackets [J] denotes events specifically relating to the Kennedy
- An "m" in brackets [M] denotes something to do with "Monsters" or
- A "u" in brackets [U] denotes something to do with UFOs.
- A Pictish stone depicts what might be the Loch Ness Monster
- St. Columba encounters the Loch Ness Monster
- [M] Marco Polo hears of a giant bird capable of lifting an elephant. It is supposed
that this is the Madagascar Elephant Bird. About this time they become extinct.
- [M] 1st recorded sighting of "Champ", or the Lake Champlain Monster, by
Pierre de Champlain.
- An English explorer brings back the 1st reports from Africa regarding a "hairy
man" called Pongo ("gorilla")
- [M] The French blue diamond mysteriously vanishes.
- [M] Daniel McGiniss discovers a clearing on Oak Island, where he figured must be
some buried treasure. He returned the next day with John Smith and Anthony Vaughan. They
only manage to dig down 30'.