TIME LINE of the Star Trek Universe, pt.2
(Revision 13 May 2005)
Compiled by I. Marc Carlson
Since all of this information came from other sources, I really don't feel like I can
copyright it. Feel free to use it as you wish. If you like the occasional hypothesis
herein all I ask is that you remember where you got it.
Note on sources:
The sources used for this were the episodes and movies, the Next Generation
Technical Manual, the Star Trek Chronology, The Writers Guides and onscreen
visual references found in the Concordances to the old and new series. The old
series Technical Manual was used as a comparison in one instance only.
The codes in parentheses indicate the source. Episode and movie codes are explained
under the titles, where they occur in the chronology. The follow the coding system is
based on those used by Bjo Trimble and Larry Nemecek.
||Star Trek, the Original Series
||Star Trek, the Next Generation
||Star Trek, Deep Space Nine
||Star Trek, Voyager
||Enterprise (aka Star Trek,
||Star Trek Technical Manual
||Star Trek the Next Generation Technical Manual
||Star Trek Deep Space Nine Technical Manual
||The Star Trek Chronology, a History of the Future
||The Star Trek Chronology, a History of the Future (2d
||The Star Trek Encyclopedia
||The Star Trek Encyclopedia (2d ed)
||The Star Trek Encyclopedia (3d ed)
||Star Trek Magazine (issue date)
||The Writer's Guides, as referenced by Larry Nemecek in
his Concordances, where the number indicates the season.
Following Nemecek's precedent, items marked with a /v containing information based on
visual clues or Okudagram information; items marked with a /s contains information based
on a script or other early version of an episode.
And finally, those items marked with an (*) are conjectural, based on the information
on hand, and may be further explained by a description in brackets. An item marked by an
asterisk within the brackets with the text indicates something constructed with the
information on hand, as well as guesswork.
Items highlighted in Yellow take
place in the Delta Quadrant.
Items highlighted in Blue take place
in the Gamma Quadrant.
Part 1 (Creation-1999)
Part 2 (2000-2200)
Part 3 (2200-2363)
Part 4 (2364-????)
- The Xindi home world is destroyed about this time (The Xindi)
27 December Shannon O'Donnell, a down on
her luck engineer, winds up in Portage Falls, Indiana, where she meets Henry Janeway, who refuses
to sell out to the Millennium Gate project (11:59).
- 11 September. The Twin Towers fall (Picture in the background in
(Storm Front, Pt. 2))
August The Nomad probe, Earth's first
extra solar space probe is launched. Designed and built by Jackson Roykirk, Nomad
is is tasked with seeking out alien life forms. It is presumed lost in a meteor
storm (Cg; http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp)
- A joint mission with the Europeans is planned for 4 months on the Space Station
- Archer and T'Pol travel back in time to Detroit, Michigan to find a group
of Xindi (Carpenter Street)
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
A fairly minor change in the timeline.
- Captain Shaun Geoffrey Christopher leads a successful Earth-Saturn space mission, paving
the way for the continuation of manned space exploration. (TY;
c2010-2025* "Early 21st Century"
- Humpback whales are hunted into extinction on Earth (VH).
- Earth's ozone layer is severely damaged (wb).
- "Acts of Cumberland" (mm). [*Based on context and time period, I suspect that
these have something to do with the rights and legal status of IA programs.]
- DY-500 class ships developed (SS)
- The Sanctuary Districts are established (Past Tense).
- "Pan-Carribean Government" (Past Tense).
- Undersea mining operations (Past Tense).
- "Europe is falling apart" (Past Tense).
- The Millennium Gate is dedicated (11:59)
- Harmon "Buck" Bokai's rookie year with the London Kings (Past
- The Dax symbiote is born (You are cordially invited). [Lela (Dax1) gets the Dax symbiote at some time after this (The non-canon anthology The Lives of Dax places
this joining some time in the 2050s)].
- Propulsion technologies, and speeds, continue to improve. "Sleeper ships"
become a thing of the past. (http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp)
[Cryogenic "sleeper ships" were widely used by most major Earth governments up
until this time, when advances in technology made them obsolete. It would not be for
approximately another 30 years until cryogenic ships were completely phased out of use by
some of the smaller nations on Earth. (Space Seed"}]
Student unrest in Europe makes France an undesirable tourist destination
for Earth's elite (Past Tense).
1-2 September "The Bell Riots" in the
Sanctuary District of San Francisco reveal the social problems as hundreds of
"Dims" and "Gimmes" die as government troops are sent in to free the
Government Hostages. Gabriel Bell dies as a Martyr (Past Tense).
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
- Joe DiMaggio's hitting streak is finally broken by Harmon "Buck" Bokai,
"a shortstop from the London Kings" (bg, "If wishes were horses).
- The Xindi homeworld is destroyed about this time (The Xindi, The
12 October John Mark Kelly is orbiting Mars in the
Command Module of the Ares 4 when he encounters a "Gravity Ellipse".
Astronauts Rose Kumagowa and Andre Nokavich are trapped on the surface for weeks until
they can be rescued (One Small Step";
http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp). [According to (One Small Step),
it is this year, during the 5th game of the World Series that Joe DiMaggio's hitting
streak is finally broken by Harmon "Buck" Bokai, "a shortstop from the
London Kings" (see 2026). Ares 4 was sent up by ISA, not NASA]
19 October Kelly's last telemetry is picked up from
the Ellipse (One Small Step).
20 October Kelly encounters another vessel in the
Ellipse, according to logs later found by Voyager (One Small Step).
25 October Kelly attempts to escape the Ellipse,
according to logs later found by Voyager (One Small Step).
28 October Kelly's last recorded log entry, according
to logs later found by Voyager (One Small Step).
Zefram Cochrane born (Mt) [http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp
lists this as 2030, however his age is explicitly given in (Mt)]
- The New United Nations passes a directive declaring "No Earth citizen can be made
to answer for the crimes of their race or forbears" (ef).
- *The Hotel Royale by Todd Matthews is published (ro).
- 7 February The Charybdis vanishes with its crew of 15
c2040-2060 "Mid-21st century"
- Television fades to black not long after 2040 (nz).
- Hovercars are developed (The 37s).
- Argelian "Great Awakening" leads to a new society of peace and love on
Argelius II (WF).
- Last Klingon Emperor dies (rh).
- Last World Series of the Planetary Baseball League. London Kings versus
300 people attend ("If Wishes Were Horses", "One Small Step").
- [Mind Control Riots] (TMP--Novel)
- The Great Hermosa Quake sinks portions of Southern California, including Venice
Beach beneath 200 meters of water (Future's End).
- In an alternate timeline, one in which the Bell Riots did not
result in the martyrdom of Bell, Kira and OBrien encounter a much more violent Earth
In this timeline in the 24th century the only subspace traffic is Romulan, coming
from the direction of Alpha Centauri, the Earth is uninhabited (Past Tense).
- Photo of Shannon O'Donnell Janeway taken (11:59).
- At some point during the 21st century, the "New World Economy" replaced
money, and Fort Knox became a museum (Dark Frontier)
- Cryogenics in space travel is finally abandoned (nz). [It will be later picked up for
- Tellarites and Andorians have been feuding since around this time
- WWIII (First Contact", STM (March 2000),
This war is bad enough that people are still recovering in 2123 when Mariposa is
launched (ul). 37 Million people are killed, including "all the lawyers"
(BC,ef). [Riker says that 600 million people are killed, but this might be the difference
between the deaths in the war itself, versus the deaths caused by the longer term effects
(First Contact).] This war destroys many major cities, and causes
"Nuclear Winters" (ef, ma, "First Contact). "Post Atomic
Horror" (ef); "Nuclear Winters" (ef, ma); "4th World Mercenaries"
(ef) [*Possibly Lee Kuan, a Hilter-like dictator mentioned in (PF) and (WGD)]
"Late 21st Century"
- The ceasefire is barely 3 years old after the Third World War, "Col. Green's
genocidal war" begins to euthanize hundreds of thousands of people suffering
from radiation sicknesses (SC, Demons).
- V'Lar's diplomatic career begins (Fallen Hero)
- Mizar II is conquered by aliens. This is the first of 6 such conquests over the next 300
- Something having to do with internal combustion engines happens, although
we don't know just what (Carpenter Street).
- Zephram Cochrain builds his Prototype CDP engine along with his engineer Lily Sloane,
converts an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) into the first faster-than-light, or
warp, spaceship the Phoenix (STTNG:TM,
4 April The Borg attack Cochrane's camp (First
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
An alternate timeline is created at this point, in which the Borg destroy Cochrane's ship,
and assimilate Earth. The Enterprise E follows
the Borg Sphere back to Earth. and attempts to restore the timeline (In the new
timeline, Cochrane's original crew and a number of his launch team were killed in the Borg
attack. The crew of the Enterprise take their place. During the
evacuation of the Borg infested Enterprise, the escape pods land on Earth at
Gravett Island in the South Pacific)..
5 April The Phoenix is launched. It is noticed by a
passing Vulcan exploration vessel, the T'plana'hath (ST:FC,
various print sources). That evening, Zephram Cochrane meets with the occupants of
the Vulcan ship in Northern Montana (ST:FC). [At some point after
2063, Cochrane emigrates to Alpha Centauri, because Kirk refers to him as "Zephram
Cochrane of Alpha Centauri" (Me).]
- 5 April. In the Alternate Universe, Zephram
Cochrane meets with the occupants of the Vulcan ship in Northern Montana, and
leads his people to take over the Vulcan ship (In a Mirror, Darkly, pt.1).
- The first territorial peace accords between Vulcan and Andoria are held
(Fallen Hero) [This may have something to do with the "Tau Ceti
The first deep-space exploration vessel since 2037, the S.S. Valiant,
departs Earth and is eventually lost in a magnetic storm. Transmissions from the ship eventually die out. It is eventually swept out
of the galaxy, and the captain is forced to self-destruct (WNM,
http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp). [Valiant is traveling
below WF2, since the Warp 2 "Barrier" won't be broken until 2143 by A.G.
Robinson (First Flight)]
- Sponsored by the Space Agency, "The Great Experiment", the S.S. Conestoga, under Cpt Mitchell,
leaves Earth about this time (Terra Nova) [By this time, Utopia Planitia, New Berlin, and even a few Asteroid Colonies have been established
Nova) It is suggested in the episode that it's 20 LY away, although if the
warp 2 barrier isn't broken until 2143 (First Flight), it's pretty clear that
this vessel isn't traveling much faster than Warp 1, therefore "9 years there, 9
years back" means that it's about 9 LY away. I should mention that the dates in
this episode are very difficult to correlate without some sort of FTL communications]
- The Ancient civilization of Lavinius V destroyed by "flying parasites" (OA).
- The radiation laden freighter discovered in the Gamelan system in 2267 was launched
sometime about now (fm).
- The Ba'ku colonize the ringed world within the "Briar Patch" (INS).
- V'Lar begins her diplomatic career (Fallen Hero)
- John Burke, Chief Astronomer of the Royal Academy, G.B., maps area of space in the
region of what will be known as Sherman's Planet (TT,
- Because previous deep-space exploration attempts ultimately failed, a new approach, an
unmanned probe named Friendship 1, leaves Earth with a message of peace, warp
technology instructions, and an invitation to visit Earth. The probe heads
Delta Quadrant (Friendship One, http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp).
[Again., if the warp 2 barrier isn't broken until 2043, this probe isn't going very fast]
- Approximate construction date of the Bajoran light sail ship, later used by Akorem
Laan's disappearance in his lightship into the Celestial Temple (Accession)
- Zephram Cochrane says "Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history
make its own judgments" (quoted by Riker in ST:FC)
- The Conestoga settlers colonize Terra Nova. They radio back to Earth
(Terra Nova) [If it took "nine years there, nine years back", Terra
Nova may orbit Sirius.] Tucker's grandfather saw the first transmissions as a child.
- A member of the "Q" Continuum is imprisoned in a comet in the Delta Quadrant
(Death Wish). [This same Q is also accused of having started the "Hundred
years war between the Klingons and the Romulans".]
- Suspiria, one of the Nacene "Caretakers" of the Ocampa, collects a number of
the Ocampa and leaves to explore (Cold Fire)
- In an alternate timeline, Molly O'Brien is accidentally
transported back to this period on the planet Golona (Time's Orphan).
- Slug-O-Cola's advertising campaign dates from this time (Profit and Lace).
- Vanik joins the Vulcan space program (Breaking the Ice)
- About this time, the nomadic
Moneans discover the ocean planet, and move
in (Thirty Days)
- Nadet (Bernadette) born to Vera Fuller (Terra Nova).
- A monument to the victims of a wartime massacre is built (Memorial)
- [U.S. ceases to be 52 states](ro).
- [New United Nations has been abolished by this time] (ef)
- Earth decides to send more settlers to Terra Nova. They send word to Terra
- After a dispute with Earth about sending new settlers led by Novan Mark
Logan, relations are cut off between Terra Nova and Earth (Terra Nova)
- T'Pol's readings of the impact crater age (Terra Nova).
- The Terra Nova colony is nearly destroyed when an asteroid hits the planet about 500 kms
north of the colony. The radioactive rain kills off most of the colony,
although the younger children (and a few dying adults) hide out underground
- Col. Richey dies, a victim of pulp literature (ro).
- The beginnings of the Tralesta/Lornack blood feud on Acamar II (vf).
- T'Pol is born (Zero Hour).
- The Fortunate has been hauling freight since about this time [The
Captain's family has been running the ship for "three generations"] (Fortunate
- Vulcan annexes the planet of Paan Mokar/Weytahn ["Cease Fire"].
- Humans apparently still had war, disease, and hunger (Broken Bow).
- The Royal Navy submarine HMS Clement is sunk by a leftover mine under the
icecap around this time (estimated based on it being Reed's Great Uncle who was
- SS Hokule'a, DY-500-C, launched for Ficus Sector on exploration mission (ul/v).
- The Martian Colony established (The 37s",
http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp) [Although clearly there are bases already on
Mars, i.e. Utopia Planetia)]. There were Picards there (GEN).
Terraforming Mars eventually begins with the verteron array deflecting comets
to impact on the Martian surface (Terra Prime).
- VK Yuri Gagarin, DY-732, Launched for Ficus sector to colonize (ul/v).
- RedJack entity knifes 8 women to death on the Martian Colonies (WF).
- [*Tobin (Dax2) gets the Dax symbiote (Guess based on statements in "Rejoined".
The non-canon anthology The Lives of Dax places this joining some time before the
- Jonathan Archer is born to Henry and Sally Archer in Upstate New York. (Broken Bow,
In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
c2110-2120 "Early Twenty Second Century"
- Liam Devlin founds the Neo-Transcendentalist movement as a reaction to the Post War
- At some point, a time traveler from the future is captured by Berlinghof Rasmussen, and
inventor, who steals the time machine, marooning the time traveler (ma).
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
- *Baseball dies out as a popular sport (ev, STDS9:WGpre1)
- The Quadros probes launched toward distant quadrants, and map the
major stars in the Gamma Quadrant (Emissary)
- Kai Taluno is stuck in the Denorios Belt in the Bajor system. Before his vessel is
repaired Taluno reports seeing a vision of the heavens opening up before him
- Henry Jackson helps Cochrane to develop a WF5 warp drive (ENT backstory)
- DY500 class freighters are retired (Strange New World)
- Border incursions between Vulcan and Andoria (Cease Fire).
- Having learned the lessons of the last World War, the first united Earth government is
established. Australia is the only nation that declines membership.
- Cpt Mayweather's been shipping between the stars at least this long (Fight or
- Henry Archer gives a book on astronomy, Cosmos A to Z, to his son on his eighth
birthday (Fusion) [Date is an estimate]
- SS Tomobiji, RT-2203, launched for Ficus sector to explore (ul/v).
- The Warp 5 Complex is established to create technology that will allow humans to safely
explore deep space. Zefram Cochrane is present during the groundbreaking ceremony
(http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp). Cochrane, now age 87 and a resident of the
Alpha Centauri system, decides he wants to die in space disappears in a small spacecraft
- SS Seattle, NAR-18834, launched for Ficus sector for "ADR
c2020-2050 "Mid-21st century"
- Vulcans start the Interspecies Medical Exchange (Broken Bow).
- Not long after he becomes a physician, Phlox is part of the first medical team to arrive
at the explosion of a ship in orbit around his home world. There are 17 dead on the ship
(Fight or Flight). Phlox teaches at a medical academy for years, and he finds
the experience rewarding (Fight or Flight). Phlox joins the Interspecies
Medical Exchange (Broken Bow). Phlox arrives on Earth as part of the
Interspecies Medical exchange (Broken Bow).
- Malcolm Reed earns the rank of Eagle Scout in the Boy Scouts (Rogue Planet).
- Mayweather's family have been traveling on the J class freighter Horizon
(Fortunate Son) for 23 years (Fight or Flight). Travis's father
kept the ship at 0.8G (Broken Bow). Travis takes an interest in Terra Nova
when he is a kid (Terra Nova). Travis takes fourth through sixth grades to
reach Trillius Prime (Broken Bow). Travis visits Draylax, and the two Tenebian
moons (Broken Bow). The ship encounters an escape pod which had been drifting
for 63 years, and assistant engineer George Webb, a friend of Travis's uncle, is assigned
to open it; a few days later, Webb starts acting crazy, temporarily disables the ship, and
enters an escape pod of his own (Strange New World).
- Archer takes exobiology (Fight or Flight).
- Hoshi travels aboard two training vessels. Her quarters are on the port side of each
(Fight or Flight). Hoshi takes zero-gee training, and though she doesn't like
it, she "bites her lip" and gets through it (Fight or Flight). Hoshi
spends three years in Starfleet training, and graduates second in her class
or Flight). Hoshi takes a leave of absence from Starfleet to teach at Amazon
University (Broken Bow). Hoshi travels with two other teachers to a small
tributary of the Amazon River on a hydroskimmer, to see wildlife; Hoshi gets the creeps
upon seeing snakes and other creatures (Fight or Flight).
- T'Pol is not the first Vulcan to serve aboard a Human ship, but she is the first to
successfully serve, therefore some other Vulcan serves aboard a human vessel
before her (The Shadow of P'Jem)
- Trip Tucker goes camping with his buddies as a child, wondering what the Sun would look
like from very far away (Strange New World). Trip Tucker's grandmother teaches
him never to judge a species by their eating habits (Broken Bow) Trip Tucker's
younger sister Lucy used to follow him to the old movie theater (The Expanse)
Trip Tucker's 10th grade biology teacher is Mr. Velik, a Vulcan.(Strange New
World). At some time, Trip Tucker visits another inhabited planet. (Broken
Bow) Trip Tucker sees a stellar nursery through the large telescope outside
Anchorage (Fight or Flight). When Trip was 7 his father gave him a
book about Emory Erickson, the inventor of the Transporter (Daedalus).
- Flashback scenes of Jonathon Archer building a model space ship with his father
Henry Archer (Broken Bow). Construction on the Warp 5 project ship
hasn't begun yet.
- *Ambassador Soval moves to Earth about this time (Broken Bow, Awakening).
Henry Archer dies of Clarke's disease (Broken Bow, Cold Station 12).
- T'Pau is born (The Forge).
The European Hegemony on Earth begins use of a distress signal code that
would remain in use until 2190 (ul)
- There may be an Enterprise, XCV-330 launched at some point (TMP/v;
- 23 November A privately-funded ship, SS Mariposa, DY-500,
NAR-7678, with a Yoyodyne pulse fusion propulsion engine, is loaded with supplies for two
different colonies (ul/v).(http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp)
- 27 November SS Mariposa is launched from the European Hegemony
toward the Ficus Sector for colonization (ul).
- Jonny Archer became an eagle scout (before he was 18) (Rogue Planet)
- Travis Mayweather is born ("Dead Stop", Startrek.com)
- 9 July Hoshi Sato is born Kyoto, Japan
(In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- A ship suffers damage in an ion storm and the bulk of its crew dies before
it crashes on a nameless planet (Oasis)
- Starfleet is founded/chartered/established on Earth, presumably as an arm of the Earth
Government (http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/07/27, "Broken Bow","Horizon",
First Flight) "It's no secret Starfleet hasn't been around too
- Jonathan Archer, in his early 20's, witnesses the birth of a gazelle in
Eastern Africa (Shockwave, Part II)
- Kai Taluno is stranded in the Denorios belt when he sees a vision in which
"the Heavens opened up" (Emissary)
- Dr. Arik Soong, working at Cold Station 12, steals augmented embryos
left over from the Eugenics Wars and takes them into the Borderlands (Borderlands).
- HMS Newfoundland, DY-732(N), launched for Ficus sector on "Diplomatic
mission to Alderaan" (ul/v)
- T'Pol, working for the Ministry of Security, completes her training in
reconnaissance and retrieval (Seventh). She goes on a mission to
retrieve seven rogue agents, and has to undergo the Fullara ritual at P'Jem
(Seventh). Eventually she transfers to the Science Directorate.
- Vanik assumes command of of the Vulcan starship T'Mur (Breaking
- SS Buckaroo Banzai, BBI-993, launched for Ficus sector on "mission to Planet
10 (Dim 8)" (ul/v).
- Surak's Katra is found (The Forge).
- Charlie "Trip" Tucker III enters Starfleet (Unexpected) He
lives a few blocks from the Vulcan Compound in Sausalito (Broken Bow)
Quinn Erikson is killed in a Transporter accident (testing the sub-quantum
- Malcolm Reed goes for a week without eating. (Silent Enemy).
- Kov, a Vulcan engineer, has an argument with his father because Kov doesn't accept the
standard understanding of Surak's teachings (Fusion)
- Zobral and his faction begin their protests against their government
- Shran takes command of the Komari, first ship of her class (Babel
- Jonathon Archer is a pilot in the NX program, along with Robinson, Duvall and Gardiner;
trying to break the warp 2 barrier. (Henry Archer appears to be dead by this
time). AG Robinson is the first human to reach warp 2.2 when the NX-Alpha
is destroyed. The Vulcans try to shut the program down. Archer and Robinson
take the NX-Beta and prove the engine. They reach warp 2.5 (First
Flight) Trip Tucker and Archer meet (Unexpected)
- The Vulcan ship Vahklas leaves Vulcan to explore (Fusion).
- The Suliban Cabal starts attacking Tandarite planets and colonies
- After over a year of testing ends and the NX program picks up where it
left off (First Flight)
- 8 months later, Duvall in the NX-Delta reaches warp 3 (First
- Dr. Arik Soong is arrested and tried for working with augmented embryos
left over from the Eugenics Wars (Borderlands).
- The Borg assimilate Species 262, a primitive species with a mythology of a powerful
substance that could burn the sky (The Omega Directive).
- Some time around here, T'Pol serves for a year as a science officer aboard
the Selaya under Captain Voris (Impulse).
- SS Urusei Yatsura, DY-430, launched for Ficus sector on Nebula Survey Project
- Archer saves Tucker's life (Unexpected) [Presumably, this may have been the Omega
training mission on Titan, referred to by Archer in "Strange New World".
Tucker's EV pack freezes up and he suffers from nitrogen narcosis, leading
him to try to take off his helmet. Archer convinces him to keep his helmet on even though
Trip thinks he's going to die]
- Starfleet begins research into an E/M barrier (force field) (Vox Sola).
- Captain Kuulan's ship crashes on a planet, according to Ezral (Oasis).
- T'Pol moves into the Vulcan Compound in Sausalito (Broken Bow",
"Fusion). By this time
she has visited a total of 36 Minshara-class planets (probably including Earth and including Rigel X)
(Strange New World). Some time after this T'Pol visits a restaurant in
San Francisco on Earth, intrigued by the music playing (Fusion), and
takes a five-day leave from the Sausalito compound, visiting an old mining
town, Carbon Creek, in Pennsylvania on a personal matter. She also visits
Yellowstone Park and the Carlsbad Caverns (Carbon Creek).
- Last time Phlox sees his family (Night in Sickbay).
- Several Suliban attempt to escape from Tandarian Detention Complex 26
- Garos leads a survey mission to the planet Akaali (Civilization).
- Enterprise's keel may have been laid at this point (First Flight).
- World Government is formed of nation-states and planetary coalitions (at). Australia,
the last holdout, joins the United Earth government.
(http://www.startrek.com/launch/keyevents.asp) [The symbol of
the United Earth (?) is a picture of the Earth with a single asymmetrical
olive branch. The United Earth Space Probe Agency seems be in charge of
- At some point during the 21st century, Sven "Buttercup" Hanson is a
- The Enterprise, NX-01, is built as the first long range Starfleet
vessel (WF5 project) (http://talk.trekweb.com/articles/2001/07/27) [One wonders if the
name of this ship in the Original TOS timeline was the Dauntless, NX-01 - based
on Voyager's Dauntless, NX-01A]
- November Archer is selected as Captain of Enterprise
- On Akaali, Riann begins to investigate what she thinks is a plague that her brother has
died from (Civilization).
- The colonists of the colony founded on Moab 4 have to have left Earth before this time
since they don't know about transporters (Masterpiece Society).
- Transporters are declared safe for biological use.
- Phase pistols are new.
Keyla speaks with someone who knows about the Suliban. It will be the last time
she does so for over a year (Two Days and Two Nights).
- Malcolm Reed calls home to let his parents know he's been assigned to
Enterprise as Armory Officer (Silent Enemy)
*6 April Klaang visits Rigel X, meets with a Suliban
woman named Sarin, and begins to travel to Qo'noS (Broken Bow).
*9 April In an altered timeline, Archer
appears in his apartment in San Francisco draw there from 10 months in the future by
Daniels, who is hiding his meeting with Archer from the other side. He talks to
Archer for 2 hours. Presumably the timeline is somehow altered back after he sends
Archer back.(Shockwave, pt. 1)
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
*10 April E Broken Bow, pt.
1 Trying to escape the Suliban, Klaang travels to Earth, and
crash-lands near Broken
Bow, Oklahoma (Broken Bow). [This is the first contact with the
Klingons. Because of the "disastrous" results of this first meeting with
the Klingons, Star Fleet later establishes strict rules regarding first contacts, and the
Prime Directive (fc)]
- *11-12 April Captain Archer assembles his crew. Earth
Organization Starfleet launches Enterprise several months early
- 15 April Klaang regains consciousness, before he is captured by the
- 16 April E Broken Bow, pt.2 Archer and
the Enterprise visit the Rigel X. Enterprise arrives at the Suliban
- *20 April Enterprise and her crew are the first Humans
to visit Q'onos.
- Enterprise travels through an ion storm to explore an inhabited nitrogen
sulfide planet (Broken Bow)
- Enterprise visits an uninhabited planet and Hoshi picked up a slug (Broken
Bow", "Fight or Flight) [This may or may not have been the same planet as
the inhabited nitrogen sulfide planet, since the slug lived on argon]
- 6 May E Fight or Flight
Enterprise makes first contact with the Axanar, as well as a large
spacecraft that killed an Axanarian crew. [Dr. Phlox knows of Nausicans. "Two
weeks since launch", episode starts about 26 April]
- Mid May E Strange New World
Enterprise discovers a "Menshara Class" world. ["Three
weeks in deep space""Six Weeks Since Launch"]
- Late May E Unexpected
Tucker visits a Zerillian (Theran) ship. He gets pregnant. [Events on
Q'onos were "A month ago" Klingons are using a D-7 style battle
cruiser. They get Zerillian holographic technology]
- *June E Terra Nova
Enterprise solves the mystery of the Lost Colony.
- *27 June E The Andorian Incident
Enterprise visits the Vulcan Kolinahr monastery of P'Jem. It's been
occupied by Andorians. After a firefight in the reliquary, they finds a large sensor
array hidden beneath the monastery. ["Nine weeks, 4 days" since launch]
- *July E Breaking the Ice
- *27-31 July E Civilization
Archer uncovers signs of Malurian intervention on the pre-industrial Akali
Menshala class planet (78 LY to get here)
- August E Fortunate Son
Enterprise answers a distress call from the L-Class Fortunate,
which has been attacked by Nausicaan raiders. The Fortunate is 18 months
out from Jupiter Station. [Enterprise drops a subspace amplifier]
- Enterprise deploys the first subspace amplifier (Fortunate Son",
- Late August- 2 September E Silent Enemy
Enterprise drops a second subspace amplifier and encounters a new alien
species. They nearly return home [Malcolm Reed's birthday is 2 September. They
are 100 LY from Earth (Note - at .56 LY/Day, a hundred LY should take 56 days to travel
- 9-10 September E Cold Front ["four months, three
weeks, and six days"]
- *September E Dear Doctor
- *October E Sleeping Dogs
- Late October E The Shadow of P'Jem
P'Jem is destroyed by Andorian bombardment. The Vulcans withdraw from Earth and
suspend joint fleet activities, and recall T'Pol. Enterprise
- 8-12 November E Shuttlepod One [Log entry on the 9th]
- November E Fusion
Enterprise encounters a shipload of emotional Vulcans
- * Late Nov/Early Dec E Rogue Planet
Enterprise encounters a rogue planet with hunters.
- * December E Acquisition
Enterprise is boarded and nearly looted by a group of unknown aliens (the first
actual contact with the Ferengi)
- * December E Oasis
- T'Pau arrives at the T'Karath Sanctuary and begins to search for the Kir'Shara
- E Detained
- E Vox Solis
- E Fallen Hero
Enterprise rescues Ambassador V'Lar from the Mazarite home
- E Desert Crossing
- E Two Days and Two Nights
Enterprise visits Risa, 90 LY from Earth.
- E Shockwave[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
Enterprise visits a Paraagan mining colony. An accident occurs that
destroys the colony and 3600 people. Daniels tells Archer that this is a change to
the timeline, and helps him to find the Suliban responsible.
In the altered timeline, Earth does not help to
found the Federation, and is eventually devastated. They know of the Romulan Star
Empire. Daniels' future ceases to exist, as does apparently that of the other
- E Shockwave, pt.2
- E Carbon Creek
T'Pol tells a story
- E Minefield
Enterprise makes first contact with the Romulan Star Empire, and is
badly damaged in a minefield around an unknown Menshara class planet. [T'Pol
explicitly states that the Vulcan High Command knows of the Romulans but has
made no contact - this is suspicious with regards to the "Century Long War"
mentioned in (Deathwish) that Quinn was supposed to be responsible for - see
however the notes for 250 and 350].
- E Dead Stop
Enterprise sends out a distress call. A message from a Tellerite
freighter leads them to an automated repair station (4 days after Minefield, repairs last
for 36 hours., and a week before Reed can go back on duty. They are 10 years from
Earth at WF2 (130 LY according to Archer) The station has replicator technology -
T'Pol says that she's seen such tech with the Tarkalians).
- Vulcan Ambassador V'Lar will testify against a conspiracy of corrupt Mazarite
officials (Fallen Hero)
- Enterprise visits Kessick Prime (A Night in Sickbay)
- E A Night in Sickbay
- E Marauders
- E The Seventh
- E The Communicator
- Enterprise encounters a trinary system with a black hole (Singularity)
- E. Singularity
- E Vanishing Point
Hoshi experiences a transporter failure.
- September E Precious Cargo
- E The Catwalk
Enterprise is hit by a class 5 nucleonic storm. The crew is forced
to take refuge in one of the Nacelles.
- Enterprise leaves the storm
- E Dawn
- E Stigma
- E Cease Fire
- E Future Tense
- E Canamar
- E The Crossing
- E Judgement
Archer is captured by the Klingons and put on trial. He escapes from Rura
- 10 January E Horizon
- *January E The Breach
- *February E Cogenitor
- *February E Regeneration
Remnants of the Borg attack on Earth in 2063 are found buried in the
Those Borg escape and head off towards Borg space, after sending a
communication towards the Delta Quadrant that will take 200 years to arrive..
- *March E First Flight
A G. Robinson dies climbing Mt McKinley. Enterprise encounters a
dark matter nebula.
- 31 March E Bounty
Archer is captured by a Tellerite Bounty Hunter, while T'Pol has a false Ponn
- 24 April E The Expanse
Earth is attacked with over 7 million casualties (including Trip's home town). Enterprise
is recalled, rearmed and sent out to to the Delphic Expanse find the Xindi.
Enterprise is retrofitted with bigger weapons, including "photonic" anti-matter
torpedoes. The trip takes 7 weeks, after a major refit. It will be 14 months
before the launch of NX-02 (less 7 weeks)
- Mid June Enterprise enters the Delphic Expanse
[eight months before (Countdown)]
- Late July E The Xindi
[Six weeks into the Expanse]
- E Anomaly
- E Extinction
- E Rajiin
- E Exile
- September E The Shipment
[Three months after entering the Expanse]
- E Twilight
[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
In the first timeline, Archer is
infected with a weird subspace parasite, loses his command to T'Pol, the Earth
is destroyed by the Xindi and humanity become fugitives.
- October E Impulse
[Three months before (Damage). Episode aired after (Ranjin)]
- [About this point, Trip and T'Pol's cells are used to conceive a child by
Terra Prime (Demons, Terra Prime) -- if the
child is six months old in Jan 2155]
- E North Star
Enterprise finds a colony of 6000 humans in the Delphic Expanse, still
at a 19th century level of technology.
- E Similitude
Trip gets a clone.
- E Carpenter Street
Daniels shows up to talk to Archer and send him and T'Pol back in time to
- E Chosen Realm
- 6 December E Proving Ground
- 12 December E
- 27 December E
- 13 January E In a Mirror, Darkly, pt. 1
In the Alternate universe, First
Officer Archer takes over Enterprise from Captain Maxwell Forrest.
Archer has learned that the Tholians have come across a ship from the
future. He and a landing party board the
USS Defiant, NCC-1764 (from (TW)). Forrest and Enterprise
are destroyed leaving Archer aboard the Defiant. [There is some sort
of rebellion going on against the Terran Empire, and there has recently
been a battle at Tau Ceti that cost the Empire 12 ships.]
- 18 January E In a Mirror, Darkly, pt. 2
Archer takes command of Defiant.
Hoshi murders Archer, and declares herself Empress orbiting Earth in
- 19 January E Demons
Enterprise is recalled to Earth to witness the first meeting of
a conference trying to establish a new coalition of planets,
including Tellerites, Andorians, Rigellians, Vulcans, Corridanites,
Denobulans, Kreetassans, and ?.
Speech by Minister Nathan Samuels, who wants to come up with a charter in
6 weeks. A woman, Susan Corey, dying from a phase pistol wound,
hands T'Pol a hair from a Vulcan-human hybrid baby, a child
of Tucker and T'Pol. Corey is a member of Terra Prime, an
Earth-Isolation movement. They infiltrate the Orpheus mining
facility on the Moon. [The Moon is a "hotbed" of Terra Prime activity].
Fredrick Paxton is the leader of Terra Prime] Terra Prime takes over
the verteron array on Mars. [Note, formal attire for men still uses
neckties - really ugly neckties. Hoshi has improved the Universal
- E Terra Prime
Archer and company barely save Star Fleet Command from destruction by
Paxton, and regain control of the Verteron Array. T'Pol and Trip's baby is
dying [Vulcans have consulates in Canberra and Berlin as well as San
- 22 January Enterprise return to Earth. T'Pol and Trip name the dying
baby Elizabeth. Her hybrid genetic structure is unstable. Phlox thinks
that a human/Vulcan hybrid is still possible. Archer manages to get
the conference back on track. The delegates attend Elizabeth's
- T'Pol and Trip's relationship is over
(These are the Voyages).
- RedJack entity knifes 2 women to death in Heliopolis, Alpha Proxima II (Alpha
Eridani II) (WF).
- The Romulan War (BT). The war is fought with atomic weapons against an unseen
enemy who uses slower than light speed vessels. Romulans are defeated at the Battle of
Cheron (df) The treaty is arranged by subspace radio (BT) [The whole topic of subspace
radio is problematic, since there are several instances later that clearly don't involve
subspace radio, however has some form of it. The war ended before the founding of the
Federation in 2161 (ma). This may also be the treaty that initially establishes the
- [Some time in her late 30s, Hoshi Sato develops the Linguacode Translation
Matrix (In a Mirror, Darkly, pt.2/v).]
- VK Velikan, DY-1200, launched for Ficus sector for exploration (ul/v).
- Archer ends his command of Enterprise and is promoted to Admiral
(In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- E These are the Voyages
(Part of this episode takes place during the TNG episode "The
Pegasus") Enterprise is returning to Earth for
decommissioning, and the signing of the Charter. Shran asks for Archer's
help to get his daughter back, they divert to Rigel X. Tucker kills
himself to save Archer and Shran [Enterprise can travel at
United Federation of Planets founded (oc, Zero Hour, These are the Voyages). Starfleet is chartered. Starfleet Academy
founded (fd/v) [The Federation has a Constitution/Charter with a Bill of Rights containing certain
"Guarantees." (dh) Also included in the Charter is the
establishment of "Section 31" (Inquisition), and the
non-interference directive, or Prime Directive (Inter
Arma Enim Silent Leges). Earth, Vulcan, Tellar, Andor and Alpha
Centauri are charter members. (Zero Hour). Jonathon Archer is on the
dais having had something to do with events that eventually lead to the
founding of the Federation (Zero Hour, Shockwave, pt. 2) Archer is a
signer of the Charter (These are the Voyages)]
In an alternate timeline, the Federation isn't founded because of Archer's
disappearance (Shockwave, pt. 2)
- A scout ship contacts the Delos star system. It reports two inhabited planets,
Brekka and Onara. Brekka/Delos IV is an agricultural world, while Onara/Delos III is more
technologically oriented and has rudimentary space travel (sy). Sometime after this
a plague breaks out on Onara.
- Sarek of Vulcan, child of Skon and Solkar, born (sa, SFS).
- General Shran makes Archer an
honorary member of the Andorian Guard (In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- USS Archon is destroyed by the Landru computer, planet Beta III (RA).
- [--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
Phlox's treatment to cure Archer's
memory loss cures it all the way back through the timeline reverting
everything back to 2153 "Twilight".
- Deneva colonized "as an outpost between the Asteroid belt and the Federation
- Straleb and Atlec, the Twin Worlds of Madena, colonized (ok).
- The burial vaults of the first Hybician civilization are discovered on Cardassia. The
jevonite treasures found at the sites are quickly plundered to pay for Cardassian war
- *Q and Guinan meet and have an altercation about this time (qw).
- USS Essex, NCC-173, Daedelus Class, Cpt. Bryce Schuman, lost (pw).
Starbase 12 is under the command of Admiral Uttan Narsu.
- SS Horizon visits Iotia and leaves behind "The Book," which forms
the basis for a new civilization. The Horizon is eventually lost (PA, STE3). [The distress
call is via normal radio, and so takes a hundred years to reach Earth.]
- Archer retires as Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command, and becomes
Ambassador to Andoria (In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- Last eruption of the Kavis Alpha neutron star (ev).
- In an alternate timeline, the last surviving humans
on Ceti Alpha V are wiped out by the Xindi (Twilight).
- "Masterpiece" colony founded on Moab 4 is established. This Earth colony is
established as a genetically pure environment, designed so that every member was bred for
a specific task (ms). [They don't know about transporters, which means that
they probably left Earth before 2150]
- "Native Americans" leave Earth (je)
- First use of a photon torpedo by the Vulcans (If Wishes Were Horses).
- Akorem Laan. a Bajoran poet disappears into the Wormhole (Accession).
- [*Emony (Dax3) gets the Dax symbiote (Guess based on statements in "Rejoined"
The non-canon anthology The Lives of Dax places this joining some time before the
2220s)(This is the Gymnast)]
- Autarch Tieran, a war hero and famous military leader, rules Ilari, a planet in the
Delta Quadrant. He eventually becomes suspicious of those around him, and begins to treat
his subjects as potential traitors. He researches methods of extending his own life, and
is able to learn how to transfer his consciousness into other bodies. The Ilari people
rebel against Autarch Tieran, and after a year are successful in overthrowing him. Tieran
- Dax first serves as a field docent (Playing God).
- The Jem'Hadar infect the planet Teplan with the the Quickening
- [--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
In an alternate timeline, the Defiant colonizes a planet
in the Gamma Quadrant after being thrown back in time (Children of Time).
- Lt. Cdr Hoshi Sato retires from Starfleet, age 45, sometime around here
(In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- Las assumes humanoid form for the first time before this time (Chimera).
- Annorax first uses the Krenim uses the time weapon against the Rilnar, accidentally
damaging his own Empire. The second time he uses the weapon, he eradicates his wife
on Kyanu Prime. Eventually civilizations like the Malkoth and the Alsurian
vanish before his weapon as he beings a campaign of altering the timeline in
the Delta Quadrant. In the FINAL timeline, his wife distracts him
so that he never fully develops his time weapon (Year of Hell)[--TIME LINE CHANGE--]
Archer becomes a Federation Council member (In a Mirror,
- DEV Eagle Valley, DY-950, Launched for Ficus sector for colonization (ul/v)
- Archer becomes Federation President (In a Mirror, Darkly/v).
- SS Hatteras, DY-245, Launched for Ficus sector for colonization (ul/v)
- The European Hegemony stops using the "Mariposan style" beacon. (ul)
[*It is reasonable to assume that the European Hegemony soon evolves into the European
Alliance mentioned in (pr).]
- Last Daedalus class ships decommissioned (pw)
Part 1 (Creation-1999)
Part 2 (2000-2200)
Part 3 (2200-2363)
Part 4 (2364-????)