Copyright crap: The author of this thingy retains full copyright of the material, while
hereby granting full permission for it to be reprinted in any format whatsoever, with the
provisos that his name be forever attached to it, the text of the document be forever
unaltered, and if anyone manages to figure out how to make big bucks off of it, the above
mentioned author wants a cut. Oh, yes, and lest I forget, this notice must remain attached
to the main text.
Compiled by Marc Carlson
It was last edited 27 June 2004
Timeline of A Mysterious Universe
(an exercise in persistence, and change)
There are numerous contradictions and what appears to be outright fantasy in the
following entries. Rather than force a determination as to what material is
"better" than the others, I've tried to include it all equally. I've broken this
up into several files for ease of handling.
- Dates marked with an asterisk (###*) indicate a guess on my part.
- Material marked with an asterisk in parentheses (*) is public "Real World"
information. Please note this does not mean that I am claiming that they really happened,
just that they are purported to have happened.
- An "i" in brackets [I] denotes conspiracy or Illuminati events.
- A "j" in brackets [J] denotes events specifically relating to the Kennedy
- An "m" in brackets [M] denotes something to do with "Monsters" or
- A "u" in brackets [U] denotes something to do with UFOs.
- (*) ENIAC computer is unveiled by the US Army.
- [U] UFO crashes near Spitzbergen, Sweden. General James H. Doolittle travels there to
- (*) General De Gaulle resigns as president of France; the Fourth Republic is formed.
- [I] Truman's executive order sets up the National Intelligence Authority and the Central
Intelligence Group; General Gehlen returns to Germany to work for US intelligence. West
German intelligence is built by CIG out of remnants of Fremde Heeres Ost. The CIG takes
over sections of the Odessa network.
- [U/I] Rumor: Admiral Byrd leads a Naval "research" expedition to attack the
Nazi installation in Antarctica.
- (*) John Kennedy and Richard Nixon are elected to the House of Representatives.
- [J] Murder of wire service king James Ragen by syndicate friends of Jack Ruby;
indictment dropped following additional murders.
- [U] Germans on the Moon.
[U] Two Weather Bureau employees in Richmond, Virginia report metallic looking disks while
tracking weather balloons.
- [U] An RCA field engineer reports seeing a flying disk near Oklahoma City.
- 21 Jun
[M/U/J] Maury Island, near Tacoma, Washington, a "donut shaped object" dropped
slag in a boat piloted by Harold Dahl.
- 22 Jun
[M/U/J] An MIB ("Man in Black") visited Harold Dahl, who was piloting the boat,
and warned him not to discuss the sighting; the boat's owner, Fred Lee Crisman (later
suspected of being a CIA employee and was later called to give "secret
testimony" at the trial of Clay Shaw in New Orleans) found 20 tons of debris on Maury
- 24 Jun
[U] Kenneth Arnold reports flying saucers near Yakima, Wash. leading a whole slew of other
- 2 Jul
[U] A saucer is hit by a lightning bolt north of Roswell, NM, dumping a large amount of
debris onto the Brazel Ranch. The Saucer clears the mountains and crashes near San
OR an alien spacecraft crashes near Roswell, NM. (Allegedly brought down by
experimental radar disrupting the vessels technology?)
OR a lost Project Mogul balloon finally breaks up over the Brazel Ranch.
- 3 Jul
[U] The San Agustin saucer is discovered by Barney Barnett and a group of archaeology
students from the University of Pennsylvania. William "Mac" Brazel finds the
debris on his ranch. The military arrives shortly thereafter. Four alien bodies are
- 4 Jul
[U] UFOs reported near Portland, Oregon. United Airlines flight 105 reports 2 formations
of flying disks.
[U] Brazel collects samples of the debris.
- 5 Jul
[U] Brazel travels to Corona, NM, and learns of the UFO reports from around the country.
- 6 Jul
[U] Brazel drives into Roswell to report the debris from the crash to Sheriff Wilcox.
Eventually Major Marcell is assigned to investigate the crashsite.
- 7 Jul
[U] Maj. Marcell visits the crashsite. He brings samples of the debris home.
- 8 Jul
[U] UFOs are sighted at Muroc Field and Rogers Dry Lake.
[U] Roswell AAF reports the recovery of the debris. The debris is recovered, and shipped
off to Wright-Patterson AAF via Carswell AAF, Fort Worth, TX. General Ramey begins the
- 29 Jul
[U] Kenneth Arnold, who investigated the case, reported an unexplained failure of his own
plane's engine soon after two Air Force investigators were killed while taking off from
- 31 Jul
[U] Airforce lists the Maury Island sighting as a hoax and a B-29 Crash. Dahl later
- [U] A UFO crashes near Paradise Valley, AZ.
- (*) The United Nations elects to partition Palestine into Arab and Jewish states. India
becomes independent and is divided into the nations of India and Pakistan.
- [I] Partition of India receives "strong impetus from the Round Table Group".
- 23 Sep
[U] Twining Report details how the military should handle UFO contacts.
- 23 Sep
[U] Majestic-12 is established by Executive Order of Harry Truman as a policy making body.
- (*) The U.S. Marshall Plan for economic recovery in Europe is established.
- 9 Dec
[I/U] Truman approves the issuance of NSC-4 "Coordination of foreign intelligence
[I/U] National Security Act reforms the Department of Defense, and creates the Central
Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, MJ-12. James V. Forrestal of Naval
Intelligence becomes head of the new intelligence community.
- 30 Dec
[U] Project Sign is begun by the Air Force.
- [M] Professor von Furer-Haimendorf visits Apu Tanis in the Himalayas.
- [M] Aleister Crowley dies of heart and lung problems.
- [M] A rumor exists that Sidney Reilly survives until this date.
- [U] Professor Rapuzzi Luigi Johannis while hiking in the Mountains north of Trieste sees
a round red object accompanied by 3' tall green men (Who otherwise match the description
[U] The Air Force establishes "Project Saucer" to investigate "unidentified
flying objects" (Project Saucer is a code name for Project Grudge)
- 7 Jan
[U] Cpt. Charles Mantell is killed while chasing a UFO in his jet near Louisville, Ky.
- 13 Feb
[U] A UFO Crash near Aztec, NM (it has 12 or 16 bodies that died of asphixiation. A second
saucer may have found nearby near Farmington.
- 25 Mar
[U] A UFO crashes on the White Sands Missle Range.
- 7 Jul
[U] A 90' Saucer with a single occupant ("Tomato Man") crashes "30
miles" across the border from Laredo in Mexico. [n.b. sufficient details suggest that
this is a hoax, or a misinterpretation of an Air Force crash. Or a disinformation coup].
This may also be the 1949 Sonora, Mexico crash.
- 24 Jun
(*) The Soviets blockade West Berlin; Britain and the U.S. begin the Berlin Airlift.
- 24 Jul
[U] Eastern Airlines flight 576 sights a UFO near Montgomery, Alabama.
- 1 Oct
[U] Lt George Gorman is involved in a dog-fight with a UFO over Fargo, North Dakota.
[U] Green flares or streaks are sighted around Albuquerque, NM.
- 18 Nov
[U] An Air Force pilot chases a UFO near Washington DC.
- 5 Dec
[U] A number of green fireballs are seen over around Albuquerque, NM. They are seen
thereafter, nearly every night through December and January.
- 15 Dec
(*) Alger Hiss is indicted as a communist spy.
- (*) Palestinian Jews proclaim the independent state of Israel. Arab armies invade Israel
in the first Arab-Israeli War.
- [I] Approximate date of the beginning of Operation Ohio, a CIA program responsible for
one hundred European assassinations during the next ten years.
- [U] Beginning of CIA interest in UFOs as a "security" problem.
- (*) Nixon gains prominence in the Alger Hiss case as a member of the House Un-American
- [I] Nixon travels to Miami where he meets with Bebe Rebozo and goes yachting with other
underworld connected figures.
- [U] "Ball Lightning" plagues Svaneke, Denmark.
[U] A meeting at Los Alamos recommends the beginning of Project Twinckle to study the
- 11 Feb
[U] Project Sign concludes that UFOs were of extraterrestrial origin, and that ALFs
("Alien Life Forms") exist. The Project is concluded and replaced by Project
[M] Events in Mt. Ranier, Maryland which will eventually be fictionalized in the novel and
movie "the Exorcist".
- 4 Mar
(*) Judith Coplon, a Justice Department employee is arrested as a Soviet spy.
- 27 Apr
[U] The Air Force begins its PR campaign against the flying saucer myth.
- 30 Apr
[U] Saturday Evening Post article on "Project Saucer" (cover for Project
- 12 May
(*) The Berlin Blockade is lifted.
- 21 May
[I] Admiral Forrestal's brother alerts the government that he intends on taking the
Admiral home from the hospital.
- 22 May
[I] Early morning suicide (Assassination) of James V. Forrestal at Bethesda Hospital
Neurological Ward. Forrestal is convinced that he is being followed by Israeli agents.
Oddly enough, he was.
- (*) Communists under Mao defeat the Nationalists and form the People's Republic of
China. Nationalist Chinese forces under Chiang Kai-shek move into exile on Island of
- (*) The North Atlantic Treaty Organization is formed to deter Soviet aggression.
- (*) The Soviet Union detonates its first atomic bomb.
- (*) Council of Europe established.
- [I] Central Intelligence Agency Act exempts CIA from disclosure laws.
- [I] US Army begins twenty years of "Simulated" Germ warfare attacks against
- [U] Alien vessel crashes near Roswell, NM. Six aliens recovered, 1 survivor (Aka EBE-1
("Extraterrestrial Biological Entity"), it lives until 1952)
- [U] A Saucer with a single occupant ("Tomato Man") crashes in Sonora, Mexico.
- [U] David Fry is abducted from White Sands and taken to space. He meets
"Allen" for the first time.
- [I] E. Howard Hunt becomes a CIA agent.
- [I] Clay Shaw becomes an agent for the CIA's Domestic Contact Service.
- [I] The West German intelligence, under Gehlen, is firmly under the control of the CIA.
- [M] Gerald Brousseau Gardner publically announces that he is a Witch.
- [U/I] Bilderbergers, centered in Geneva, are formed [to coordinate international UFO
- (*) Hiss is convicted of perjury.
- (*) Nixon is elected to Senate after a smear campaign against his opponent.
- (*) Communist North Korean forces invade South Korea. The UN sanctions military aid for
- (*) Senator Joseph McCarthy begins his inquiry into un-American activities.
- [I] Congress passes McCarran's Internal Security Act setting up program for detention of
subversives. CIA organizes the Pacific Corporation, a large holding company. Beginning of
CIA UFO disinformation series.
- [U] Frank Scully publishes Behind the Flying Saucers.
- [U] A UFO crashes near Laredo, TX, about 30 miles inside the Mexican border (See the Jul
7 1948 crash).
- [U] UFO is photographed near McManville, Or.
- [M] Thorntowne, IN residents report seeing a hairy humanoid.
- (*) The UN General Assembly brands Communist China an aggressor in the Korean War.
- (*) British spies Burgess and Maclean escape to the Soviet Union.
- (*) Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are sentenced to death for espionage against the U.S.
- [U] Project Red Light begun in "Area 51" (aka "Dreamland") test
flying alien space craft. They are guarded by Blue Berets.
- [I] Mossad is reorganized and centralized.
- [I] Columbia Broadcasting System begins active cooperation with the CIA.
- [I] North Korean "Brainwashing" of American prisoners begins.
- (*) Operation Buster-Jangle, first major series of Atomic Energy Commission above ground
atomic testing in Nevada.
- [M] Eric Shipton discovers a line of footprints on Everest.
- [M] Loch Ness Monster sightings: Lachlan Stuart photographs the creature.
- [M] Mrs. Hardy Reeser spontaneously combusts.
- [U] Project Grudge is renamed Project Blue Book.
- [U] EBE-1 becomes ill and is sent to Dr. Mendoze (see 1954)
- (*) Hostilities continue in Korea with increased UN air strikes against the north.
- [I] CIA agents Downey and Fecteau captured while on spy mission in China.
- [I] First UFO "contact" case; George Adamski meets "Venusians" in
- [U] The "Majestic 12" briefing is prepared for president-elect Eisenhower.
- [U] EBE-1 dies, most likely from malnutrition.
- [U] EBE-1 dies of unknown causes.
- (*) Operation Ranger series of atomic tests (Shot Nancy).
- [U] A large number of UFOs are seen over Washington DC.
- [U] A briefing paper for president-elect Eisenhower by Adm. Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter,
described "Operation Majestic-12"
- [U] UFOs sighted over Washington DC
- [U] Year of maximum # of UFO sightings.
- (*) Dwight David Eisenhower is inaugurated as the 34th U.S. president; Soviet dictator
Joseph Stalin dies; Georgy M. Malenkov becomes the new premier. Lavrenti Beria, head of
the Soviet security service, is arrested and executed.
- (*) An armistice ends the Korean War; the country remains divided into North and South.
- (*) Nixon sworn in as VP.
- (*) Watson and Crick decipher the structure of DNA.
- [I] Return of Korean War prisoners, including some who had been brainwashed. 21 POWs
defect back to China.
- [I] CIA begins project to develop drugs to cause amnesia in retired agents.
- [U] Alien vessel crashes near Kingman, Az.
- [U] Project Gleen begun.
- [I] Dr. Frank Olsen commits suicide after having been given a secret dose of LSD by the
CIA, under the direction of the mysterious Dr. Sigmund Gottleib.
- [I] The Soviets begin research on the effects of Microwaves on people.
- [U] CIA's Robertson Panel views UFO reports as a national security threat.
- (*) Operation Upshot-Knothole series of atomic tests (Shot Simon, Shot Harry).
- [U] Large asteroid-ships are detected heading towards Earth. Project Plato is
established to set up a dialogue.
- [U] 10 UFOs crash in the US alone this year. Project Plato is established as a part of
Grudge/Blue-Book to communicate (Establish diplomatic relations) with alien beings
[allegedly with the giant alien ships approaching the Earth].
- [U] Nordic aliens land at Homestead AFB., to warn us away from the threat posed by
- (*) French forces are defeated at the Battle of Dien Bien Phu in North Vietnam. The
Geneva Conference establishes the partition of Vietnam into North and South.
- (*) Senator Joseph McCarthy is discredited, condemned for failing to prove claims of
communist penetration and charges of subversion in high places.
- (*) A Supreme Court decision prohibits racial segregation in U.S. public schools.
- (*) Shot Bravo, thermonuclear testing in the Pacific sheds fallout on the Marshall
- (*) Attempted assassination of several US congressmen by Puerto Rican nationalists.
- (*) Hunt involved in CIA backed coup d'etat in Guatemala.
- [U] Broadcaster Frank Edwards is fired for discussing UFOs on the air.
- [I] First Bilderberger meeting takes place at the Bilderberg Hotel in Oosterbeek,
- (*) KGB formed.
- [M] The Daily Mail sends an expedition to Nepal to capture a Yeti. All they bring back
- [U] Cutler/Twining Memo discusses MJ-12/SSP (Special Studies Project).
- [U] Project Sigma is established as a part of Grudge/Blue Book to establish contact with
- 20 Feb
[U] President Eisenhower disappears from Palm Springs for four hours to meet with
"Etherians" at Muroc (Theirs is the trilateral symbol).
- [U] There is contact with Aliens (Big-Nosed Grays) at Holloman, AFB.; A second meeting
with Eisenhower and "His Omnipotent Highness Krll (or Krlll)" results in a
treaty. Krll remains behind as a "hostage". (He eventually sickens and is nursed
by Dr. G. Mendoza, Earth's first xenobiologist).
- [U] Project Snowbird is established as a front for and diversion from Redlight.
- [U] Eisenhower is reputed to have viewed alien remains in "Hanger 18".
- (*) Operation Teapot series of atomic tests.
- (*) Austria achieves independence; the four-power occupation is terminated.
- [I] Bilderberger meeting in Barbazon, France
- [J] Lee harvey Oswald meets David Ferrie of the New Orleans Civil Air Patrol.
- [U] The Office of Naval Research receives a copy of Morris Jessup's Case for UFOs
with marginal notes in three different hands ("Gypsies" knowledgeable in
UFOlogy); An MIB called "Carlos Allende" is implicated in the affair.
- [U] First flights of Project Red Light vessels.
- [U] Mutilated humans are being found with mutilated animals, suggesting that the aliens
aren't biding by the agreements.
- [M] Abbe Bordet follows three Yeti trails in Himalayas.
- [M] Squadron Leader Lester Davies films Yeti tracks in Himalayas.
- [M] William Roe encounters a Sasquatch near Jasper, Alberta.
- [M] Loch Ness Monster sightings: Peter McNab photographs the creature.
- [M] The Joyita leaves Apia, W.Samoa for Fakafo, Tokelau isles. It is found with
- [M] Frog-like humanoids are sighted near Loveland, (Colo. or Georgia?)
- [M] The Komodo Dragon is "discovered".
[U] NSC 5410 establishes Majesty-12, a committee of 12 to oversee the "Alien
Question", included people from the CFR (Particularly those from the "good old
boy" networks of the Skull and Bones Society and the Key and Scroll Society).
OR [U] Eisenhower orders by executive memo (NSC 5412/1) the establishment of the
5412 Committee, or Special Group.
OR [U] Eisenhower orders by executive memo (NSC 5411), a study group of 35
"top men" (The Jason Society) associated with the CFR to examine "The Alien
OR by NSC 5511, Eisenhower commissions a study group from the CFR to meet at
Quantico (later known as Quantico II and the Country Club) to examine the question.
- (*) Tourism begins with the Soviet Union.
- (*) Anastasio Somoza of Nicaragua is assassinated.
- [J] Clay Shaw allegedly severs contact with CIA.
- [J] Oswald joins the Marines
- (*) Soviet first secretary Nikita Khrushchev denounces the crimes of the Stalin era.
- [I] Bilderberger meeting in Frednsborg, Denmark.
- [U] Sgt. Jonathon P. Louette is abducted by an UFO from White Sands Missile Range. He is
returned after three days having been horribly mutilated.
- (*) The Viet Cong begin acts of rebellion in South Vietnam.
- 4 Oct
(*) The Soviet Union launches Sputnik I, the first artificial satellite.
- (*) Scientists from 67 nations work together during the International Geophysical Year.
- [I] Bilderberger meetings in St. Simon Island, Georgia, and Fiuggui, Italy.
- (*) Operation Plumbob series of atomic tests (Shot Bolzmann, Shot Smokey).
- [I] Alleged assassination of Joseph McCarthy at Bethesda Hospital Neurological Ward,
after warning of Illuminati Plot.
- [J] Oswald is assigned to airbase at Atsugi, Japan, where CIA U-2 flights are launched
and landed. (He shoots himself in the elbow.)
- [I] CIA forms Iran's SAVAK, or Secret Police force.
- (*) Experiments in behavior modification sleep teaching take place at California Penal
Institution Woodland Road Camp.
- (*) Anti-Atomic Bomb propaganda is disseminated by UFO clubs.
- [U] The Jason Society implements the massive selling of drugs, and places George Bush
(president of Zapata Oil) in charge of the project.
- [U] Underground bases are begun all over the country.
- [M] Reports from upper Marleboro, Md of Hairy humanoid.
- [U] UFO sightings at Levelland, Tx.
- (*) Constance Whyte publishes More than a Monster, about the Loch Ness Monster.
- [M] Dr. Alexander G. Pronin of Leningrad University encounters an Alma in the Pamir
- (*) Nikita Khrushchev replaces Nikolai Bulganin as Soviet premier.
- (*) The European Economic Community (EEC) is established.
- (*) The U.S. launches the Explorer I and Vanguard I scientific satellites.
- [I] Bilderberger meeting in Buxton, England. John Birch Society organized by Robert
- [U] Alien vessel crashes near Woomera, Australia.
- [U] Alien vessel crashes in Utah
- (*) Operation Hardtack II (aka Operation Deadline) series of atomic tests.
- [J] An unidentified ex-marine lives in Minsk, USSR, apparently gathering information for
- [J] Oswald on maneuvers in Philippines regarding U-2 flights.
- (*) Francis Gary Powers is released from Air Force, and is assigned to covert CIA
- [M] Loch Ness Monster sightings: Alex Campbell sees two creatures simultaneously.
- [M] Bulldozer operator Jerry Crew finds "Bigfoot" tracks in Humbolt County,
- [U] The Jason Society study presents 3 solutions to the problem of overpopulation and
pollution. Alternative 1 was to use nuclear weapons to blow a hole in the stratosphere
that would let the pollution escape. Alternative 2 was to build underground cities.
Alternative 3 was extraPlanetary colonization. All three alternatives involved increasing
birth control, sterilization and introduction of diseases into the Earth's population,
specifically targeting Blacks, Hispanics, and Homosexuals.
- [J] Ruby visits casino owner in Havana.
- (*) Fidel Castro assumes power in Cuba.
- (*) Cuban Intelligence (DGI) established.
- [J] Oswald is released from the Marines, and defects to Russia
- 20 Apr
[U] Morris Jessup commits suicide after receiving communications from "Carlos
- [I] Bilderberger meeting in Yesilkov, Turkey.
- [U] Alien wreckage is moved to Hanger 19, Wright Patterson AFB.
- [U] Air force pursue aliens near Redmond, Or.
- [J] Oswald leaves the Marines. He leaves the US, ostensibly for Switzerland. He enters
USSR via Finland and reports his desire to remain. He is refused and attempts suicide.
While in hospital he meets and unidentified American patient. Upon release, he is given a
Temporary Resident Visa and is sent to Minsk, where he works in a radio factory.
- [M] Loch Ness Monster sightings: Alex Campbell sees two creatures simultaneously, Tim
Dinsdale films the monster, the first echo-soundings are taken of the Loch.
- [U] Project Sign achieves success when the US establishes primitive contact with the
- [U] A joint US/USSR base exists on the Moon by this time.
- (*) Former Nazi official Adolf Eichmann is abducted to Israel.
- (*) The Soviets shoot down a U-2 spy plane; U.S. pilot Francis Gary Powers is captured.
- [I] CIA buys Southern Air Transport; begins development of "recruitment
pills", studies mysterious amnesia of POWs moved through Manchuria, gives truth serum
to brainwashed American POWs.
- [I] Bilderberger meeting in Bergenstock, Switzerland.
- (*) Eisenhower authorizes training and arming of Cuban Exiles. Nixon, CIA agent Bissell
and others plan the Bay of Pigs invasion, and obtain permission to use Guatemala as a
- (*) Bernard Barker serves as a conduit for Bay of Pigs funding.
- [J] Oswald is assigned a job in Belorussian Radio Factory in Minsk.
- [M] Loch Ness Monster sightings: Torquil MacLeod.